On the day before Father’s Day, bring dad to check out some of the finest rides ever named for fish in The Maritime Aquarium Auto Show: “Barracudas, Sting Rays & More Show Cars from the Sea.”
Appropriately, our first-ever Auto Show will feature 11 rare and exquisite cars all named for marine animals. “Must-sea” cars expected to be on hand are:
• a 1954 Bangert Manta Ray, a fiberglass-bodied kit car.
• a 1962 Covington Tiburon (Shark), another fiberglass-bodied vehicle that has been called “the most streamlined car in the world.”
• a 1965 Rambler Marlin and a 1966 AMC Marlin “Sport Fastback.”
• a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, one of only 334 4-speed ’cudas built that year.
• a 1973 Porsche “Viper Green” 911 Carrera, known for its froggish appearance.
• a 1979 Porsche 930 Whale Tail, one of only 1,200 made that year.
• a 1987 BMW M6 E24 Shark.
• a 1994 Porsche “964 generation” 911 Whale Tail, one of only 1,400 made.
• and a 2014 and a 2016 Corvette Sting Ray.
Free with aquarium admission
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.