Power of Love Songs
Top 10 love songs of all times
Music has the power to deeply change, influence and impact our lives. Music can reflect exactly what we are feeling, when we cannot always express that emotion ourselves. It has the ability to speak for an entire generation and bring together millions of people. With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, it’s all about the love songs. Love is known as the universal language, making love songs the universal music for all.
Love songs allow people with different backgrounds, and different life experiences to understand and relate to the same songs, and to the same feeling of love. These songs have the ability to transcend us to a different time and place; they represent a perfect time capsule of how we felt at one specific moment in our lives. Whether you prefer the high-energy pop songs about falling in love, or the slow break up ballads that allow you to cry your eyes out, loves songs give us something to connect to.
This Billboard list of the Top Ten Love Songs of All Time is a perfect playlist for this Valentine’s Day!
(They based their list of performance of the weekly Billboard Hot 100 chart with points for weeks at number 1 and points for weeks on the charts with time frames weighted to account for the difference between turnover rates from specific years.)
10. "I Can’t Stop Loving You" - Ray Charles (1962)
9. "Best of My Love" - The Emotions (1977)
8. "Because I Love You" - Stevie B (1990)
7. "Let Me Love You" - Mario (2005)
6. "I Will Always Love You" - Whitney Houston (1992)
5. "Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney & Wings (1976)
4. "How Deep is Your Love" - Bee Gees (1977)
3. "We Found Love" - Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris (2011)
2. "I’ll Make Love to You" - Boyz II Men (1994)
And the #1 song is...
"Endless Love" - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie (1981) This was the theme song from the movie "Endless Love" released in 1981 starring Brooke Shields.
* Townvibe Honorable Mention: No list of love songs feels complete without Celine Dion’s classic, "My Heart Will Go On."