Advertising Account Executive:
If you think sales is fun we want to hear from you! As a Advertising Account Executive you will take full responsibility for driving the top line for both print and web advertising sales for your territory. You will sell into TownVibe’s six titles: Bedford, Berkshire, Fairfield, Litchfield, Ridgefield and Wilton Magazines as well as townvibe.com. Your prospective clients will be the owners, presidents or marketing executives of local, regional and national businesses whose potential customers are our readers. After close consultation with the client, you will develop an appropriate advertising plan to connect them with our communities to help them reach their business goals. We see this position as developing not only MMG’s growing business but also developing our clients’ businesses.
This experienced sales professional will have a balance of sales attributes; a hunger for closing sales, a passion for developing new relationships and a desire to maintain client satisfaction from first meeting through to ad material delivery.
- New business development as well as achieving a high level of renewals of existing advertisers
- Build, track and manage pipeline
- Travel within territory
- Coordinate submission of ad material
- Proven ability to listen, ask questions and sell consultatively
- Demonstrated ability to generate new business, from initiation to close, from multiple sources
- A tenacity and commitment to achieve sales goals, displaying the effort and creativity to overcome challenges
- Excellent verbal skills - including the ability to think and respond well on the fly
- Solid organizational skills
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, warm, outgoing
- Ability to create rapport and build relationships both in-person and remote (telephone and email)
- High level of credibility
- Self-motivated – ability to work independently, create own sense of urgency and is familiar with the entrepreneurial aspect of commission-based sales
- Proven team player advocating for both personal sales as well as overall success of MMG
- At least three years sales experience, preferably selling intangibles/services
- Is familiar with our communities
Our team culture/philosophy
At Morris Media Group, you will find team players that are creative, smart, limited egos, flexible, enthusiastic, fun and very dedicated. We strive for excellence around a common goal and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Our mission is to connect communities through quality content and believe whole-heartedly that our products are helping to do just that. Occasionally there are long hours but in return we offer a lot of flexibility. This group of people enjoys and finds much value in what they are doing and want to do it well.
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com.